Is it ok for a christian to get a tattoo?

i have been thinking about getting " i cross my heart" over my heart. is that against the bible?

newlife627

Asked by newlife627 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• IMHO, nope. I have desired a tattoo for over 15 years now and my Mom (a hardcore christian) has always managed to talk me out of it, saying it's marking your body, which technically belongs to the Lord.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• actually it says somwhere in the bible that you aren't supose to mark your body (not sure where my mom told me she is big into the bible and studying and everything like that). But there are people at our church that has tattoos or got a tattoo. If your a christian I wouldn't put anything like demond like on your body, but something like what you want I wouldn't see anything wrong with it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No why would it be? I have two tattoos and believe in Jesus and know he will let me into heaven. Some baptist churches preach against it but I dont agree with them. Any "rule" man says like oh you cant get a tattoo is man made. No one can say what God believes.

Answer by gemgem at 3:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It is fine... those scriptures speaking against it speaks of putting it before God or giving honor to the dead.

I have no problems with tattoos... now that I know God can speak to me about a person and their tattoos ( and piercings)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Of course not! The bible refers to your body as a temple... Don't we decorate temples? So why wouldn't we decorate our bodies.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2011