Does the Bible say anything about anal sex?

newlife627

Asked by newlife627 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can only answer from the viewpoint of an "outsider" (non-Christian) who has read the Bible a couple of times. So my answer/opinion really means nothing to be honest. I'll share it anyway.. lol

Anal sex is sodomy. Therefore according to the Bible, it is a sin or "wrong" (whichever term one chooses to use). However. Much like everything in the Bible. It is up to individual interpretation. Some view it as okay if it's between a man/woman, some view it as wrong only if it's between man/man, and some view it as wrong all the way around.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• According to the Bible it is wrong, because it is a form of sodomy.
    unique_puzzle

Answer by unique_puzzle at 3:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It's not a form of sodomy, that's what sodomy is. And yes the Bible says it's wrong. From what I understand it can be interpreted for reasons as not safe, desecrating your body, unclean etc.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• .Love for our spouse, and respect for the bodies and minds God created, requires us to avoid anything which can cause serious problems: (Ephesians 5:29 & 33, 1 Corinthians 6:19)

physically
    medically
    emotionally
    mentally
    spiritually
    relationally
    Anonymous

• I went to dictionary.com and looked up sodomy - its anal AND oral
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 3:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If the Bible did say anything about anal sex you would not hear any preacher preaching about it. I am sure that there is nothing in the Bible stating about anal sex.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 3:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i am a straight female and my huband a straight man but he enjoys giving anal sex. why i dont know
    newlife627

Comment by newlife627 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Oh wow, go look it up. I didn't state an opinion, I stated what was in the Bible and how it tends to be interpreted.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• IF you believe that Sodomy is wrong (which is the basis for the homosexual argument) then you should abstain from oral or anal sex. The definition of Sodomy is anal or oral copulation, copulation with members of the opposite sex or with animals...

To me, if you enjoy it, go for it... But when I was growing up (I was raised Christian) I was always told that Sodomy in ANY form is just as bad as any other, even within a marriage.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Sooo, I guess if you like oral and you are Christian you are screwed huh? lol

autbot, that's one definition they have out of others. It's also a direct term used to describe anal sex. It's often the word used to describe anal sex in crime reports as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011