What would you do if a company asked you to drive two hours away to pick up a drug screen form?

This is not even knowing if they are going to offer you the job yet. They called to ask if I could come up and pick up a drug screen form from them because they are at a different location. It's a two hour drive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'd explain that you are currently 2 hours away, and you are very willing to complete the form, but wonder if they would fax/email it to you and you'd send it back. If they aren't willing to cooperate, it's only 2 hours, so I'd go if I was interested in the job.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 4:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Do they have a form online that you could download? I hope the job is closer than two hours away. Do they realize you are 2 hours away? Maybe they could mail it to you. Or they could fax it to an office supply store. You would have to be there, of course.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Ask them to scan and email the form to you

Answer by rkoloms at 3:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• do it. jobs are at a premium right now..... they would likely not go thru the trouble and expense of drug testing you if u weren't a viable candidate.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If they can't send it to you I would make sure they knew how far away you are but i would go. I think. lol Is it a great job? Good benefits? If its just a min wage job I don't know if I would drive that far for it. Good luck either way
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 3:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I'd be careful asking them for favors so early on. Unless you're in a rare area where the economy is still decent, there's probably a dozen or more people who'd be so happy for the job prospect they'd drive 4 hours or crawl thru broken glass to get a chance.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would ask them to scan/email or fill one out online, if not , go get it,
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 3:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011