Feeling ovulation

I was just wondering if you have ever felt your body ovulating? What did it feel like for you and how long did it last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I believe that I do, monthly. My ovary on whichever side hurts/sore but it's like a dull pain, not the horrendously awful pain I get during my period. Around the same time I need more sleep, my discharge changes, I feel my body preparing to cry at the drop of a dime, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have never felt ovulation..
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Mine is just like hibbingmom said. Sometimes though the pain is pretty bad for me
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 3:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• How do you know that isn't cysts? Almost everywoman has cysts, and they are caused by ovulation. But only about a week after. Is there anyway to know for sure? I'm curious now. :P
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• yes and hurts more than period cramping if you ask me

Answer by admckenzie at 3:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Mittelschmerz . . . .yes. mine is terrible, i actually double over in pain and am pretty much useless for anything too physical for the whole day. It feel like terrible sharp pain in my groin area and radiates up my abdomen. If I didn't know what it was, I would be in the ER once a month.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• O wow! I am actually surprised that it hurts that much. I think I felt it yesterday a couple times and it was just a dull achy pain for a few minutes at a time. Thank you for your answers
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011