Help me figure out a measurement please

I am making bread and need 1/2 cup milk.

I have the instant dry milk and only wanted to fix up 1/3 cup milk so the rest won't go to waste.

The box says I can only make it by quart. It's 1 1/3 cup mix per quart. How can I find the measurement for what I need only.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i have no idea lol. when it comes to things like this i would use the 1/3 cup and then just fill the 1/3 cup 1/3 of the way you know???
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 3:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I think 1/3 cup of the mix would make 1 cup of milk. I am not positive but I think that is correct. So 1/6 cup would make 1/2 cup of milk.

4 cups = 1 quart. You use 4/3 cups of mix to make 4 cups of milk. 1/3 would make 1 cup.

NickLukeandEmma

Answer by NickLukeandEmma at 3:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

This is the correct answer!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• http://www.webstaurantstore.com/measurement/3/household-capacity-measurement-conversions.html
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would measure the amount of water and then add dry milk by the tablespoon until it looked right...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 5:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2011