I just found a little lump on the left side of my 21 month old's neck...has anyone else found something like this on there child?

I am freakin' out, I am calling the Dr. tomorrow. Just need a little piece of mind!

mnnmom

Asked by mnnmom at 3:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does it move around? Does it seem painful to him? If it does, it's probably swollen lymph node from an infection of some kind. Does his throat hurt? Any sinus problems? Ear infection?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Any rashes or discomfort? It could be nothing but I would definitely get it checked.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 3:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It does move around...He doesn't complain when I touch it...He hasn't been complaining about anything, but I have noticed he is a little stuffy and his mouth has been dry at night.
    THANX
    mnnmom

Comment by mnnmom (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• The doc will be able to just look at it and feel it and tell you whether or not to be worried. My son has several moveable lumps . . . . they are all just random cysts . . . . totally benign.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Aw hang in there he's probably just fine. Just call in the morning & get him in & have the doctor look at him. I personally havent delt with anything of the sort but sounds like it could be swollen notes ya know. Good Luck
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would definitely have him seen by his doctor. It's probably just his body fighting off an infection, but it could be something else. I would just be on the safe side and have him checked out. GL
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I agree the other moms..i would have it checked...Montanna had a lump last year and i got her checked asap...it was nothing to be alarmed about but i took no chances!!!...you just never know...when she was 9 mo. she had a kidney stone that was removed...that was the hardest, longest,sadest month of my life!!!.....Jes
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 4:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• This happened with my little one too and boy did I panic. His pediatrician said the same thing mommy_jules said - it's a swollen lymph node which is more obvious when he's sick. Try to relax until you know for sure what it is. < hugs >
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 4:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I dont know i felt 2 on my son & im takin him to dr tomorrow.. hope everything is allright for my baby & yours!
    masonbunch

Answer by masonbunch at 5:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Thank You all...I took him to see his pediatrician today and he says chances are it's a swollen gland, but he wants to have a neck u/s and blood work done to be on the safe side ( I don't have the appt. until Monday, so I will be all panic until then)!!! but LORD willing it's nothing. xOxO
    mnnmom

Comment by mnnmom (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Mar. 8, 2011