Does the 3 day potty training method REALLY work?

Please tell me your experiences!

cubby15

Asked by cubby15 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• It works for some kids, not for others. The best advice I read about the "fast-track" methods was that every child can be trained in just one day... IF you pick the right day. What they meant was that if a child is 100% ready to learn then you will probably have success. If your child isn't ready yet, then it's not going to work.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I have a couple of friends who tried the 3 day potty training and said its a waist of time and did'nt work. Its best to wait till the child is 2 years old cause then they are able to feel the urge to go potty and be able to start going.
    Anonymous

• I've heard it doesn't work. Every child is different. Some might do ok with this method, but most won't. It's never a good idea to push potty training on a child.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Every child is different. 3 days worked for my son. Not my DD though. I agree with ReneeK3 NEVER push a child to potty train.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:05 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• ummm 3 days? I dont think it is possible.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2008