I need advice on sunscreens...

I need to get a new sunscreen for the summer. My son doesn't like sunscreen on his face because he says it burns. I'm wondering if he has sensitive skin but he still needs to wear one. Can anyone tell me a good brand for the face and lips? I do like the continuous sprays they seem to be easier but I've wasted a lot of money trying different face sunscreens.

amotherof1

Asked by amotherof1 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would try a facial moisturizer with spf in it. Being a facial moisturizer it should be much more gentle on sensitive skin. You can try them out at the beauty desks in the mall to see if there are any reactions and check up on the prices and who has the most spf. I would check with the Clarins booth first. Here is the link to their online site. It will be ok if it is a wrinkle reducer, that just would have no effect on a growing boy.
    http://us.clarins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/cosmetics-products_sun_sun-protection_-1_10051_10204__10377_10373
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• The one that I use for my daughter is from a company called Arbonne. Their products are only available via direct sales. Frankly, I use their children's sunscreen for me as well. We've never had an issue (I have extremely sensitive skin) and we have never burned or even gotten pink using it.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 4:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Everything you need to know about sunscreens is here:  http://www.ewg.org/2010sunscreen/

Answer by rkoloms at 5:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• We use organic sunscreen that is paraban free. My dd has eczema and can only wear organic.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I use a moisturizer with anywhere from 15-35 SPF, it does not feel nasty and greasy like a regular sunscreen, I can't stand that feeling either!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:59 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Try Kid Safe Screen by Marie Veronique Organics. It's rated a 1 (highest rating) by the Environmental Working Group. It's great for sensitive skin and my kids don't mind wearing it because it goes on so easy...not pasty white like some organics screens.
    MVOrganics

Answer by MVOrganics at 12:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2011