9 month old and not holding bottle.

I cannot get my 9 month old to hold her bottle, but yet she will feed herself puffs and cheereo and cookies. Should I worry? I try to get her to do it, she is stubborn I guess.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, you shouldn't worry. You should enjoy the time you get to spend bonding with her. She'll only be this small once, don't try to rush it.
    Anonymous

• I agree, I do enjoy holding her and feeding her. I guess I just think it is odd, that she finger feeds, but doesn't hold bottle.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• she might not like the bottles... my nephew wont hold his bottles, but my sister has one of my sons that she uses for his juice and he holds that one just fine. the ones that she uses are thiner than the ones that i use... maybe its just the bottle, or maybe she like you holding it, she knows that you are there... like the PP said..
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Youre better off with her not holding it. Easier to break to a cup then. Refuse to let them have the bottle but let them have the cup themselves...great motivation.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I hope you dont get any of the answers i did when i asked this question..Apparently its lazy for you to want your baby to hold their bottle..I was told that and apparently it makes you a bad mom..I was only asking if my daughter shoudl be holding it by now
    gracie43008

Answer by gracie43008 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yeah I am sorry you got bad answers. I would never tell anyone they are a bad mom. I am sure curious, cause honestly I forget how old my first daughter was when she started holding her bottle.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• you shouldn't be worried. just keep trying to get her to do it and she will eventually. my oldest was doing it at 9 months, my youngest was almost a year old before she would hold hers. you could also try and see if she'll hold a cup just to start getting her used to it.
    justlikeheaven

Answer by justlikeheaven at 9:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008