Owie

its driving me crazy. my 2yo dd says owie to anything right now. oldest did it too for a whiel so i know its just a stage but im tired of constantly kissing fingers arms knees and feet when there is nothing wrong. and its never just one is 50 million of them then she comes up with another owie that isnt there!
sorry not really a question just venting.

laura970

Asked by laura970 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My now 6 year old did this, but it had to be 'made better' with bandaids! lol Drove me nuts for a while, but she got out of that stage pretty quickly.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• really? aww i will kiss fingers and toes and knees all day long how can you get tired of that?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 4:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• you could get her baby doll....and pretend it has lots of owwies... have her kiss her baby and make her all better....lol maybe she will stop acting like its her with the owies and it will soon be transferred to the doll... you can even give her bandaids for the doll too....Im sure she will love making her baby feel all better!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• oh no i tried that and next thing i knew i was kissing a baby doll constantly.
    laura970

Comment by laura970 (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• jodi i dont mind it so much if i wasnt sitting there for 15 mins kissing her while in the middle of trying to cook dinner or putting her to bed. or for goodness sake trying to drink my cup of coffee in the morning.
    laura970

Comment by laura970 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• im sorry that just wouldnt bother me
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Sounds to me like she loves kisses and attention! When I was a kid my mom used to give us band-aids as birthday presents. Maybe next time she starts this, you could say, "Honey, I'd love to kiss all your owies, but I'm I'm in the middle of dinner right now. Here's a present for you, see if this helps!" Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Or make a game out of it and gently bite and tickle her instaed until she runs away!
    Adelicious

• sounds like she want attention
    MKlein

Answer by MKlein at 9:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2011