Is it normal?

This may sound like a crazy question, just warning you. I had a miscarriage in December of 2009. It absolutely devistated me because 1. it was 3 days before Christmas 2. I got pregnant on the Mirena IUD 3. didnt even know I was pregnant untill I went to the hospital for pain. It really made me paranoid. If I was one day late then I was taking a test. It didnt help that my cycle is irregular. We finally decided now to have a child and thankfully got pregnant. Now i'm a paranoid mess.... Has anyone else had this kind of emotional problem?

familynsni

Asked by familynsni at 4:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• YES! I had a miscarriage on december 8th and got pregnant again on December 22nd it looks like. I have been bleeding quite a bit and am paranoid about everything, but baby is just fine. Happy as can be heart beating strong at 163. Try not to stress, trust me I know it is hard. Enjoy your pregnancy. Everything will work out just fine :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• First seek God and know that he is there with you every step of the way. Put your faith and trust in God, and know that if he is intending for you to have your baby, you will. I prayed every day for God to bless my pregnancy, and give me a healthy baby, but that if he saw it some other way, to give me the strength, courage, and wisdom to accept the baby for what it was. Good luck to you
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I had a miscarage in 09 while on the paragaurd IUD and on 02-13-11 I gave birth to a happy healthy baby girl...I was freaked out the entire 1st trimester, but when I started to allow myself to relax and enjoy being pregnant most of the issues I was expiriencing disapated noticeably...try not to stress I know its tough but it will make the expirience much more satisfying...good luck momma
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Awe, mama, I'm so sorry! I haven't been through this, but I think it's perfectly normal to have anxiety because of your experiences in the past. It may be helpful to understand that most miscarriages happen because the baby had defects and couldn't sustain life, NOT because your body was incapable of carrying a baby. More than likely, you can carry this next one without any problems. Hang in there!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• P.S. once you hear the heart rate they say your chance of miscarriage goes WAY down. How far along are you?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 4:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have my first ultrasound tomorrow!!! So I will find out then when my due date is.... Haven't had a normal cycle since the miscarriage so cant really tell by the first day of your last period.... Wish me luck ladies!! Soooo nervous!
    familynsni

Comment by familynsni (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I had I miscarriage last year I got over it, I still think about it. I'm pregnant now and we are very happy definitely wasn't stressing out about it..of course I was like I hope I don't have another one but that was only because I was working at the time and thats why I was thinking that& I believe thats why it happened last year. But I stopped working stopped worrying about it and now I'm 5mnths 1wk & 1day & funny thing is the month I had the miscarriage is the month I'm giving birth to my 1st little girl.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• But yes its very normal..
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I am sorry you are having such a hard time.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2011