Looking for a wrap/sling

I am looking for a wrap or a sling Im a larger woman, (5'5 185 pre preg.) and with my second baby I had some kind of carrier that was like a front back pack but with the weight of the baby the straps dug into my back and shoulders, and was very uncomfortable. So what Im trying to find is one that is as cool and comfy as possible, that I could also nurse while using. and suggestions??

momof3ttc

Asked by momof3ttc at 4:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• new native goes to a 5x (freaking enormous!) and it's all 1 piece. safe, comfy, easy.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• A Moby wrap (and others) accommodates a wide variety of body shape and carries ... I'm pretty sure wraps come in a variety of fabrics to meet your needs. I would sweat a little on my back, but my fabric was pretty heavy.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 9:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I made my own "moby" style wrap. All you really need is about 6 yards of fabric with a little "give". It sounds like a lot, but the different ways you wrap it require that length. There is no sewing required by the way...just learning how to wrap it...which you can see on the moby site. I liked having stylish material that I liked, which I got for $2/yd on sale. Good luck!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• http://www.mobywrap.com/instructionpages.aspx?Topic=instructionsgathered This is a link that shows some of the ways to wrap it.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Do you mind if I use the advice you've been given here too? I have a similar body type as you and have a hard time finding the perfect sling that doesn't cut into my back making me feel even more big and self conscience as without it. I currently have Seven Slings and even though I got the size for my body, it still feels weird and my daughter hates it. So I wouldn't suggest those if you come across it.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I suppose an added benefit to making your own is that you can make it a little longer if you're a little heavier. Seriously, it is VERY easy...just cutting the fabric in half length ways so it isn't too "thick" and learning to wrap it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i had one like you have with my first, now i have a moby and i seriously NEVER take it off!! its part of my everyday wear. im going to look into makeing some of my own now too... different colors
    BiddleSAHM

Answer by BiddleSAHM at 4:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2011