Do you really need a flower girl at a wedding? Does it have to be a girl??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 5:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• This summer 2 of my daughters got married (We live in Arkansas one got married in Alabama the other in Colorado). The first had no adult attendants only her youngest sister (6) as a flower girl she represented all of the 4 sisters that couldnt make it to the wedding. My other daughter had bridesmaids but no flower girl because the 6 year couldnt make it to her wedding. No one at either wedding seem to think anything was weird. It is YOUR wedding enjoy it!
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Flower girl, (boy) ring bearer. Don't make a little boy carry flowers. After years of hearing about it from friends and family, he may never forgive you. (lol)
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 5:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No you don't. Neice had a ring bearer, but no flower girl. My sister had 2 flower girls, but no ring bearer. I've been to a wedding that had both, I've been to a wedding that had neither. It's all your own preference.
    Anonymous

• We didn't have a flower girl. Wanted two, but it didn't work out in the end.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• we didn't have a flower girl, but we went to my aunt and uncles wedding when I was younger they had a flower girl and they had a little boy thzat walked down with her. They were about 3 and 4.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• oh and no you don't have to you can have whatever you want at your wedding
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• And, you don't really NEED either one. Have the best man carry your ring, the Bridesmaid carries the grooms ring.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 5:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• no you do not need one, but yes i would keep it as a girl or animal
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Anything goes, no set rules. Do what will makes you happy.
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 9:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2011