My 2 year old hates to ware clothes what should i do?

if we leave the house he keeps his clothes on but at home he never wants to ware anything but thank god he leave the diaper on.

brittyboop

Asked by brittyboop at 7:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dont worry about it then. My dd wont keep her diaper on and pees all over the house!! It is so frustrating! lol As long as your house is heated then dont worry about it! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My kids all went through that phase. What I did was made a deal. I told them that they had to wear clothes but in the morning before getting dressed and after bathtime at night they could have "nakkey time". That was their time to run around without clothes on. It worked.

Answer by gemgem at 7:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I think thats just a phase most kids go through. My youngest stepson did that too til he was about 3 and was in Headstart. You can try by rewarding him with praise for leaving his pants on or making it seem "cool" to wear certain clothes. That or have fun with dress up, boy style.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 7:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My first thought was to have her go check the mail ....she'll be cold and want to get dressed. Of course that was my silly sense of humor and not a real answer. I agree with gemgem...agree upon a naked time....lol
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yep nekky time saved us. They got like 20 minute no big deal and just pray no one knocks on the door.

Answer by gemgem at 7:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I think it's definitely a phase that some kids go through. I know *I* went through it, everyone in my family will tell you all about how "Caitlin couldn't keep her clothes on." They delight in telling my boyfriend stories of me ripping off my clothes in the front yard and running around naked when I was four years old. *sigh* So embarrassing. My mom even has pictures of me sleeping naked on the couch. My family is weird LOL.

But he'll probably grow out of it. I'm very modest now, I won't walk around exposed in front of anyone except my boyfriend O.o
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Leave him be, it won't last forever. My 20 month old hates clothes inside the house so I don't make him wear them. All my kids have gone thorugh this and it has passed.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My son hates to wear clothes. He will wear them just fine when we are out and about but if we are at a friends house that he is comfortable with he will strip down to his diaper. Luckily my friends all have little ones around his age that do the same things. At home I let him just wear a diaper and then if he wants to wear clothes I put them on him. I usually only wear a tank top and short workout shorts at home so I can't really say anything about what he chooses to wear or not wear.
    EtiesMommy

Answer by EtiesMommy at 4:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2008