Let me re-ask the dialating question?

I am dialated to 1cm already. I am having lots of pressure in the vaginal area. I didn't know is this could be one sign of dialating?

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes it could. Dilating is the opening of the cervix and uterus and the baby moving downward. This causes a lot of pressure. Personally when I dilated to 3cm I couldn't hardly stand or walk. It was very very painful.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 7:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Usually a sign that you are dilating is if you having contractions. Feeling pressure in the vaginal area is a pretty normal feeling when your are pregnant. It could be that your baby dropped and that is why you are feeling pressure.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• ok  was my answer stupid to you ,,,anyway yes it could be or maybe the baby is going down another station +1..+2...0.._1.._2 .......and loosing your plug is a sign to are you having contractions

Anonymous

• It could be if youre also contracting. With me I didnt even feel the contractions until they got bad. So if your anything like me and you feel your tummy tightening that is a contraction. I know maybe I am weird but I honestly had no labor pains until after I got to 5 cm with any of the kids.
    Anonymous

• No answer is stupid. I am not a dummy. I just want to clearify myself is all. Sorry. And to the other anonymous person. I do not get constant contrations till after 5cm. I dialated early with my second child and I am thinking that I am dialating more. I was just getting insight. My Dr. has me kinda second guessing myself all the time. He's kinda being an ass, and telling be suck it up. I just do not think I should let myself get to 3cm dialated at only 30 wks. I am also paranoid with this pregnancy more than I was with my first too, strange I know. But I have had multiple complications with this pregnancy.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I think most people tend to dilate earlier in their subsequent pregnancies. At least, it seems that's what everyone was telling me!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• you need to see a Dr.. if your only 30 wks. this could get very serious very fast. i had my 1 st. son at 29 wks and went through months of ups and downs with him in the hospital. i was dilated at 3 cm for 2 weeks long enough for the steroids to help develop his lungs. it was fast and unexpected i was on complete bed rest and takings pills to stop contractions. this is serious 30 weeks is to early to just kick back and wait go to your Dr. and get a second opinion if your Dr.. sucks.
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I am an ob-gyn; if you are dilated to 1 cm before 30 weeks that is concerning for preterm labor, even if it is your second pregnancy. You should be monitored for contractions and to see if your cervix is changing over a short amount of time (e.g. 1-2 hours).

If you are over 36 weeks it's not such a big deal to be 1 cm dilated. You may stay that way for weeks. If you think you're in labor go to the hospital.
    healthEwoman

Answer by healthEwoman at 9:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2008