Why can't I get "knocked up?"

Well I have had a daughter who is 5yrs old now and since I have had her, my husband and I haven't been able to conceive. We have been to the docs and nothing is wrong with either one of us, but havn't gotten onto any fertility drugs cuz I am petrified of having multi-babies. I am getting so fustrated that I can't get prego. My daughter is 5 now and I think is about that time now to have another one, but for some reason the good Lord hasn't blessed us yet. Does anyone know of a reason of not being albe to conceive?

Oh and btw, we hardly eat meats, so we have pleanty of f&v with occasionall meats.

Luvyduvy1184

Asked by Luvyduvy1184 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Do either of you have a weight issue? That can cause trouble
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• there are many practical and simple reasons you may not be concieving. Track your cycles. Get a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler (very educational). God has nothing to do with it. Either you are simply missing your fertile winow, or the conditions are not ideal for conception, or you need real medical intervention. Track your cycles and that will get you started in the right direction.
    Anonymous

• Are you having sex when you are fertile? Are you ovulating? Is your cervical fluid fertile? Are you smokers? I don't know about weight (I concieved with no problem at 100 pounds overwieght) but it can be an issue for some.
    Anonymous

• There are plenty of little things, but if you've both been checked out, it's probably just something out of your hands!

One thing you may want to consider: you could end up with multiple babies, should you get pregnant again, even if you DON'T take fertility drugs. It's always a risk you take. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2008