How do I get rid of a calf cramp!?!?!

I've had this cramp almost all day! So please help!!!

jaydensmommy427

Asked by jaydensmommy427 at 5:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• Walk! That seems to always help my charlie horses almost instantly. Also, drink a lot of water. Cramps are your muscles contracting, and your muscles contract when you are dehydrated.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• my grandpa always put a tad bit of salt in the palm of his hand and licked it. Swore by it.... and it works almost instantly...but if you cant stomach that, eat a banana...that helps too
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I walk it off. Uneven ground works the best. Did you recently change shoes? Go back to your old ones. Walk out in the yard. Then get some lotion and rub the calf, paying attention to the ends of the muscles that are cramping.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 5:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Stop taking in any calcium (for a short time) - calcium causes muscles to contract, magnesium relaxes them.
    Anonymous

• my mom was told to stand on something cold but that was years ago .. hope it goes!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• anytime i get one, i punch myself in the leg, it's the only thing that helps! or eat a banana
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2011