power wheels for a 2 year old???

i want to get my 2 yr old a power wheel truck for christmas. do you think he's to young ? do any of you have one how old is your child? what do you suggest??

humboldtmama21

Asked by humboldtmama21 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got my son one a ford f-150 for his 2nd birthday he can't steer it but its fun to watch. he tries sometimes to steer. now if you want they have some for as young as one to 36 months if he doesn't get into it then i wold wait on the bigger ones till he's older. the normal power wheels are for 3 and up. but no he's not to young. if you want to search for the little ones go toyrus.com search by age group and toy.
    Eddiejb730

Answer by Eddiejb730 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• my daughter got a power wheels car for her 2nd birthday and she can't drive it at all. They're hand eye coordination isn't there yet. She can steer the ride on toys fine, but trying to steer those cars are different. And either we end up having to steer for her which hurts our back, or she runs into everything including us and our pets. So we put it away for storage and she hasn't noticed it missing yet. But when she turns 3 in the spring we'll give it another shot.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 7:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• We got one for our DD on her 3rd b-day.. so if he is close to 3 i would say go for it, On black Friday walmart will have Matchbox Power Wheels cars for $88.00 So that would be a big savings for you! GL
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My kids got power wheels when they turned two so I dont think its too young. My grandson just got one for his second bday. Now some of them wont use them right away or shy from them and thats normal also. Its a good time to get them associated with the toy and theyll use it awhile.

Answer by gemgem at 7:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My son got one this spring and he is 4. He loves it and drives it all around the yard and up and down the sidewalk in front of our house. We are in IN and and already got our first snow of the year this week and and he has been begging me to get it out and let him drive it through the snow, lol! My 2 year old son loves to ride with him but just doesnt have the coordination to steer it yet, not to mention his legs aren't long enough to reach the pedals! I'm sure next summer will be a different story when he is 3 though!
    Neon1980

Answer by Neon1980 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• AWESOME! my son will be 17 months at christmas and I would love to get it or him, But I am holding off till his 2nd bday in July bacause I am moving and dont want to have any extra burdens. I live with my best friend and her 2 yrs old son who has a Power Wheels Jeep. My son, like the others, does not know how to drive it but loves to play with every part of it and ride around in it with my friend's son. I'm actually leaning more towards a Power Wheel type 4 Wheeler. Something he can really grow into. No sense in spending that kind of money if he can't use it more than a year right??
    aidengrant07

Answer by aidengrant07 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• my 20 month old had a power wheels and she loves it! she calls it car. she runs into a lot of stuff, but it doesn't go fast enough to damage anything. she particularly loves chasing the dog.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:18 AM on Nov. 22, 2008