Is it a phase?

My 15 month old daughter i think is going through a picky eater phase, she randomly just stopped wanting to eat regular meals. The last 3 days she has only been eating gold fish crackers and cereal bars. We have been trying to get her to eat. So is this normal and she'll just grow out of it?
And also what are some good finger foods or meal foods for her? Ive ran out of ideas?

hayliesmommy20

Asked by hayliesmommy20 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try dips. yogurts, hummus, whipped cream cheese.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• offer fruits and veges like carrots and dip, or celery and peanut butter, that way shes still getting her vitamins... and I tend to go in spurts where I cant get enough of one thing....but after a while even the thought of it makes me ill. lol. I'm pretty sure I have overdosed on chex mix before... lol good luck though, I'm sure you're right and its just a phase
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• my daughter is a human garbage disposal lmbo she isnt picky, but my son who is older than her is sooooo picky and when he went through that stage it scared me and i just let him eat w/e he wanted. bad mistake but if ur kiddo isnt eating and isnt loosing weight i wouldnt worry about it if she loses weight then give her what she wants
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 5:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It's happened to our 20 month old several times, starting around a year old. In a few days she always goes back to her normal eating so we don't worry about it.

We do a lot of cheese sticks, bananas, peanut butter, oranges, snap peas, green beans, carrots, etc. She even like PB spread on her toast/waffles/etc. We also do veggie meats, like boca burgers, nuggets, etc but do watch out because while that stuff is healthy in some areas it tends to be loaded down with sodium. There's also ALWAYS dry cereal in the house and her favorite is multi grain cheerios. She hasn't let us feed her for months, so anything that is soupy or runny does not work for her.

Another thing that I do is make soup often. I just drain the broth/liquid and serve.

We also do lots of popsicles. Whole fruit sicles. She absolutely loves them.

She's never really gotten into the dipping, and none of us cared for hummus the few times I've bought.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• ds likes bananas and strawberries, cheerios, oyster crackers, green beans,
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 4:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2011