Does working from home really work?

And if they do how do you start working from home? I would love to be more involved with my children but cant leave my job. I am an assistant manager for gamestop and get paid really well..only problem is I work really hard and after I get out of work I dont have any energy what-so-ever! How would I start working from home? And is it something that really works?

djimenezlove85

Asked by djimenezlove85 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I need a secret to get more cash flow for extra things like hobbies. We want to buy a sewing machine, but such a tight budget that no extra money to do that right now.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• In my area, there are lots of people working at home for a local call center. They answer calls for Sprint and Charter. Just last week BCBS closed their local office and sent everyone to work from home. So, yes, they are out there... but they require time and work. With any call center, they are going to require training, most of the time that is at the office. Then they set up your home office. It's not easy though. You are still being monitored and QA'd. You have to work from a quiet area, no outside noise is allowed... so, most people still need someone to care for their children. On the other hand, you can start any type of business for yourself at home... that too requires time and effort. It might even take money putting into the business to get it going. We own stores, but we do most of the work at home. We still have to travel to our stores, hire, fire, set up, etc... but the bookwork is done at home.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I know this girl that have worked from home for about 4 years. I have a website that I can pass onto you and it works. I am not sure if I am allowed to do this on this site so if you or anyone need this website send me a request. I like this site and would not want to jeopardise logging on. Love to help in anyway. Oh, the only thing is that being that you will be working from home you have to rotate your parenting time. But you will love it.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 5:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping Families Achieve Their Goals Since 1999!

Visit my website to get all the details.
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    ~We are the largest group of Women working from home online!~
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It does work!! To be honest, it's going to take work but that is with anything really. I have with Internet CEO Moms for going on 2 years now and I highly recommend heading over to Erika's website and getting all of the details. I know you will be impressed ;o)

~Alyssa M.
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It works for me, but I'm very motivated and open--I'll talk to anyone about anything.

http://www.guyandeva.com/polly
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 10:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have a work at home business, I started out working just a few hours a week and built my business while working full time.
    It takes discipline to work from home because you have to "go to work" and treat it like a real job ... that's one reason a lot of people fail with work at home businesses. They sign up and then don't really work it.

It's given me time to do what I want, and since I can make my own hours, I don't miss out on all the "kid stuff" that I used to miss. I have a home office, so when I'm in the office, I'm "at work" .... I love working for ME, and having the time and energy to LIVE MY LIFE and enjoy family time !
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Home businesses really work if you do just that...work. Many who treat it as a hobby end up saying it did not work....if you worked a real job like a hobby, you would get fired. LOL. You have to do what you do don't want to do for a short while so that you can do anything you want forever. You can grow your business along side your full time job until you have the income you are looking for. That's what I did with my Arbonne business. It's tough at first, but I knew the rewards would be great!!! I knew that representing cutting edge products that have visible results would be the way to go. Let me know if I can help! Good luck!
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 8:48 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• /
    Anonymous