For mother's who DON'T BF, do you find it ''rude'' for a BFing mother to BF right infront of your child?

I only ask because my DD's and I were at the park, the kids were playing, and she and I had our youngest LO's with us, as they couldn't get up and play, we were having a conversation. My oldest DD was getting tired, so she came up and sat with me. The woman grabbed her baby because he was getting fussy, my oldest DD went up and looked at the baby, and then she plopped out her breast to BF, RIGHT INFRONT of my 2 year old daughter. Along with other children playing on the play ground. As I encourage BFing, but am not a bfing mother myself, I found it kind of rude that she couldn't even cover up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• BFing should be descreate. That is an intimate time between mother and infant. I encourage bfing myself but it should be with class,and style.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 7:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Why would it be rude to feed your child? IDK, I guess I'll never "get" people who are offended.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It wasn't rude of her to breast feed. It was rude of her to expose herself to another person's child.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i don't see it rude to do it in public but as long as they cover it up or do it privately like in another area
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 6:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I am a breastfeeding mother and I would be bothered by that. Yes, she did nothing wrong by breastfeeding in public but I think that one has to have common sense and manners. From what you explained that exposure was totally unnecessary even if she didn't want to cover up the baby. You can be discreet even if you don't use a cover up.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I think it might have embarrassed me a little seeing her breast and her not covering up, but I don't find it rude and it doesn't offend me. She is just feeding her child after all.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 6:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I find it rude when anyone plays exhibitionist under the pretext of breast feeding. Breast feeding is a beautiful, natural thing. But there is no need to fully expose a bare breast in order to do it. When people do that, they are feeding into their own fantasies and not into just feeding their child.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• ****oooh i just now saw the DONT BF**** sorry for my proud banter. no bashing intended really. all in good fun?
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i breast fed, and while i did do it in public i made sure i was fully covered because if there were children around they don't need to see a womans breast and a child nursing unless its in private..like if your breats feeding at home and a child just wonders in then you can explain what it is. kwim?
    raynebowstarz

Answer by raynebowstarz at 7:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i never breast fed and i dont plan on it but i dont mind seeing it.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2011