What did you go to school for and do you use your degree/education?

I went to school for HR, and while I was in school, I began substitute teaching because I had enough credits for my state. When I finished my bachelor's, I began teaching with my school due to my previous experience.

I had never intended to teach, but it kind of fell into my lap, and it turns out I LOVE it! So...I went back for a second bachelors in education, and now teach middle and high school special ed as well as teaching at a college level for my school.

I'm currently in an MBA-Finance program which, well, is kind of for personal interest and a possible family business, but will also allow me to expand the classes I can teach.

So I guess my answer is yes and no! Lol!

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• My original masters was in education and I did counseling in a treatment facility for kids with sexual behavior problems...so not totallyr elated. But now I'm in school for school counseling and I plan to find a job AS a school counselor, so yes, I intend to use that degree.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 7:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Cosmetology and business. And yes. I use both.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My degrees are in Psychology & Human Services Management. No I dont use them at all. I dont work.

Answer by gemgem at 6:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have my Bachelor's in Child and Family Studies. Unfortunately I'm not able to use it in the professional area of my life since I can't find a job in the field without taking a major paycut, but I can apply it to my personal life.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 6:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have AAS degrees in Accounting, Computer Programming and Criminal Justice. Used the accounting for a little while ... was an accounts receivable clerk for about two years. I have two semesters or so left on getting my BS in Criminal Justice and will finish one of these days when I find the extra money.

Now I am a caregiver to my hubby and his mom, both of whom are disabled. *shrug*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My degree is in Criminal Justice and sadly no, I don't use it because I was disabled in an auto accident and I am in a wheelchair and only have the use of one arm. I don't think I would be a very accurate shot with one arm....lol.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have a BS in Physical Education with a concentration in Athletic Training (sports medicine).... I am currently working at a Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC/L) at the high school level. Going back for my masters to become teacher certified in a year or so.... then I'll teach either Phys Ed (wellness) or Health as well. ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have a degree in Early Childhood Education. Yes, I do use it, I have an in-home daycare.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 12:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Animal Science, I used it for pharmacy most recently, its a really flexible degree, it has a tonf of the same things that can be used for many other medical paraprofessional positions.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2011