Does anyone know any homeopathic or naturopathic ways to help with depression?

I'm super new to this but I really want to try some stuff. I've heard that prescriptions can mess up the body so I want to go natural or remedies or something.

THanks!

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• Keep yourself in lots of light. Think positive. Get proper sleep.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 6:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have a chemical imbalance. I need some sort of medication. Thanks for your post, but honestly all that does not help with depression. its only a small portion.
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I don't know of any herbal or natural remedy, though I am sure one must exist but keep in mind that even a natural medicine is *still* a medicine. It can still have side effects and 'mess with your body'. If you are really interested in a natural medicine you should look for an herbalist in your area.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I was told to take sepia, veggie max and EmergenC. Check with whom ever you see for this kind of stuff cause that is just what I was recommended.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 7:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have the same thing and I am on meds, but my doctor said the main thing you can do is exercise. That does something to your endorphines and makes you happy . they say people that exercise on a daily basic are very happy. i am to depressed to exercise so it's a vicious circle. lol i have osteoporis and my hips are always in pain is the real reason i dont exercise much. i do set at the computer and do some. good luck and think only happy thoughts. oh yes, the light outside you need too. the doc said it so the lady above is right with all her suggestions. cut out caffiene as much as you can. not only for depression but for your bones. it makes it hard for you bones to absorb calcium.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 8:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have a few things that will help you. Here is the list. Bread, Celery, Lychee, Parsnip, Pumpkin, Squash, and gourd. That is what my book says. I know that these thing will work because I drink green bean juice for my diabetes and my doctor is amazed at how my blood
    sugars have gone way down(normal range). =)
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 8:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Consuming more Omega 3's with DHA & DHEA will help with stress & emotions. Your brain needs these for nourishment. There are several ways to consume more: eating foods like salmon & walnuts, adding ground flax seed to foods & salads, taking a fish oil supplement everyday.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:14 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I don't suffer from depression, but I read this article recently and thought it might be of interest to you:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/07/reversing-depression-without-antidepressants.aspx

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Wow thank you so much VICESIX.....That is an extremely helpful article. THANK YOU!
    Keeely07

Comment by Keeely07 (original poster) at 12:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2011