How do i get a job and not have lie about my baby??!

im 13 weeks pregnant and need a part time job! im already showing and need the money but how do i tell them im pregnant in the interview and not have them just move on to the next applicant? should i not tell them? any advice will help!

additional question! - i am high risk due to my last pregnancy ending in preterm labor :( how do i tell them i will need off thursdays (for my progastone shots) without telling them its cause im pregnant and high risk!

juju9711

Asked by juju9711 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• they can't not hire you because of pregnancy. That's against the law

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If u r showing they might ask. Just be honest and let them know that u r not going to leave after the baby is born.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• well legally they cant ask. so you dont really have to tell them. at least not in the interview.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• You don't tell then you're pregnant in the interview. It's none of their business. And it is against the law for them to ask.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 7:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Unless being pregnant will prevent you from being able to preform all required components of the job then there is no reason to bring it up and as others said they can't ask..
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• yep...against the law..dont tell them..if they fire you BECAUSE of that when they do find out, then there's a law suit.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I'd would just go through the interview and not mention it. It's not like they can ask anyway. You still have 25 weeks of work left in ya!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i know they cant legally not hire me but i dont want them to just move on if they ask me but thanx for those who said i dont have to just tell them, i thought i did have to tell them right away but now i have an additional question if i dont tell them in the interview wen and how should i tell them if i get the job.
    juju9711

Comment by juju9711 (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• The cannot legally ask you if you are pregnant, so if they do I wouldn't want to work there anyway.

Tell them when you think it's the right time. There's no hard and fast rule for that.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 7:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I don't think you are obligated to tell them
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2011