Simple question on trust how im i gonna do it

i just dont know i dont seem to forgive or forget easily and i dont trust nobody how would you go about learning to trust somebody again or am i just a cold hearted bitch ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• It's not something that you need to learn, it's something they need to earn.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 7:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It's not bad to be that way today. There are a lot of shady people out there.
    I'm the opposite. I trust way too easily in the beginning, and then I get screwed over.
    Anonymous

• im the same way as yu . idont trust easily and idont forgive and forget either ihold grudges forever.
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i have no idea momma...i don't trust anyone, i need to get over it, but i have no idea how, i'm going to bump for you though!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i dont generally trust either. it takes a long time to earn my trust. i wouldnt say you are cold hearted it seems to me are just looking out for yourself. Have you been hurt by someone you trusted before or have you always been this way?
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Trust, but verify. That does not mean following someone and checking their every move. Get to know someone over time. look for red flags and listen to your gut.

As for trusting someone "again" I am not sure. That person may not be trustworthy.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It's good to be independent and keep your guard up, but if you never trust anyone and/or don't let anyone in than in the end you're going to lose out just as much as the other people will lose out. It's tough, sure, but the only way to trust again is to try it. It IS possible, but it's also something that doesn't need to be rushed- only time will tell is a good saying because over time you'll be able to see if you're trust is working/worthy or if you should slow it down/stop trusting the person.

I had been screwed over by EVERY man in my life, so I fully resigned to never trusting a man again. Then all of a sudden I met my SO, and even he had trust issues (ex's cheated on him and whatnot)...BUT slowly and over time we began to trust each other and now I'm in the happiest/healthiest relationship I've ever been in- mind you, in every other relationships when it got serious I'd bounce b/c of trust, but w/ him I went for it :D
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Trust is earned not easily given.And time heals all.Good luck.
    Betutah

Answer by Betutah at 2:32 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Me personally.

I can not just trust someone again.. If that person is to remain in my life, they must want to and work to regain (earn all over again) my trust. If they have no interest in doing that, or can't do that. Then they are no longer in my life. Trust must be earned after being broken not just freely returned for me.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2011