Week 28: baby still moving, but not as much.

Should I worry or is this normal?

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 7:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your baby is starting to run out of room as it grows larger, so it won't move as much. But you'll feel it more.
    Anonymous

• thats just it, I'm not feeling it more.
    soon2bmmy

Comment by soon2bmmy (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Not more often, more intense.
    Anonymous

• less intense. His movements use to be very painful and now there not.
    soon2bmmy

Comment by soon2bmmy (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My LO moves a lot at certain times of the day/night. If I haven't felt him for awhile I try sitting down and drinking some water and waiting. Its usually because I have been so active myself or that I have rocked him to sleep.
    You could try doing "kick-counts" when you are relaxed (ha ha IF you can get relaxed) I think it was 10 movements within 2 hours but you may be able to google that to make sure. Always remember if you are worried call your prenatal healthcare provider!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 7:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would let your doctor know just in case. I had the same thing happen and I ended up delivering the next morning...
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• always ask your doctor if you are worried -ALWAYS -
    baby has less room to move and so the movements won't be as fast, large or sudden. You might find it is more of a stretching feeling rather than actual movement as it pushes its feet out or moves an elbow. Lie down on left side with a glass of Ice water or cold juice and drink. Count Babies movements - If you aren't sure of what you feel as a friend or DH to place their hands on your belly, or put a cup or empty bowl on it to make seeing movements easier. 10 movements in 4 hrs is the benchmark - here is a link with more info
    Good luck
    http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/pregnancytests/a/aa061697.htm
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would talk to your doctor if it is really bothering you. She might advise you to do a kick count. You can look it up. You count how many kicks you get in a certain amount of time.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would like your OB know. They can always do an ultrasound just to make sure the baby is still doing fine.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 10:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• When I had this happen my doctor had me lay still for so much time each day and she had me count the kicks that I felt and I had to list them. She did say it is normal to not feel the baby move quite as much.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2011