Baby shower for second child

Is it traditional to have another baby shower with your second pregnancy, too. I have not heard of many people doing this since they had already had a party for their first child. Have any other moms had additional baby shower for thier other pregnancies?

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's not traditional to have one for the second child, but I personally do not see a problem with it.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 7:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i personaly think its tacky. you celebrated the first with everyone. maybe if its a different sex its a little different. but if you would like to have a party to celebrate your pregnancy then you can have a get together but ask that no gifts are brought and just celebrate the new child.
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If you are having a different sex baby, it is not that unusual----but your friends could have just a girl's night out as a kind of baby shower for you----and everyone could use more diapers and wipes for the 2nd one. Also, if someone is having a baby quite a few years after the first one, they would probably have gotten rid of most of their stuff and it would be normal to have a shower for that person, too.
    lecates

Answer by lecates at 7:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i had one for each of my kids but i had a boy and then a girl. if i would have had another boy i would have been set because i kept EVERYTHING! lol. I dont think if the 2nd is the same sex as the first that you should
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• This is how I feel..........A baby shower is for the MOM not the baby. It is for that new mom to recieve gifts for their new baby(s) and to be prepared. A second shower is appropriate when someone else throws it of if the kids are spaced FAR apart. I dont judge those that have more than one shower but I also dont spend the money when I know they have what they NEED
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I had one for both of my dd's. 2nd one was thrown after i already had dd. i dont see a problem in throwing a second shower for second dd/ds.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It's not traditional, no, but who really cares about what's traditional? I had two baby showers even though some family members on DH's side didn't think it was proper. It doesn't matter what anyone else wants/thinks but the parents-to-be.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I had one for both my boys.. I dont see anything wrong with it because your celebrating a new life
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i dont really see anything wrong with it.
    but my mom thinks other wise.
    liv3laughlov3

Answer by liv3laughlov3 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Many moms do.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2011