What could a man possibly want or need a pedicure for?

This just creeps the heck out of me. Going into the salon and there sits a "man". Really? I'd like to take your picture and post it for all the other men to see. What kind of man gets a pedicure? No one wants to see ugly man feet. Yuck! Can't men just be men these days. I hate seeing this. I hate seeing a man act like a woman. I am not talking gay men either, I am talking about entire families with the dad sitting there getting pedicures. Icky.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• because it feels AWESOME!!

Also, I have seen some pretty discusting womens feet...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Men get corns and calluses, too. I think you have issues.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If dh had a pedicure id be in HEAVEN!! LOL I hate his feet! He really needs a trip to the salon but is too "manly" to do so!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• And also.... A pedicure doesnt always have to do with paint and such. Some PEOPLE just need help! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• wow. Don't you sound like a sexist oppressor from back in the day who thought it was disgusting for WOMEN to have jobs or vote. Equal rights goes both ways honey. And there's nothing wrong with a man who works hard because he cares about how he looks. you should be saying "Wow, a man who takes pride in his appearance that much. good for him."
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I don't see the problem, some men like to have nice feet.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I just went and got manis and pedis with my best friends and her man....whats wrong with a guy wanting to have nice feet and hands too? I know i dont want rough hand or feet rubbing on me.
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 8:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My dh does not get pedicures, because his feet are very ticklish, but I do see men in getting them all the time where we live - on a military base overseas. The guys getting them are military, so they aren't exactly "girlie men" types. (Regardless of their sexuality.)

They don't get them because they want their feet to be all "pretty' - they get them because the massage and stuff feels good. And, after you spend a lot of time in boots doing all that they do, your feet can hurt. (Even with good quality ones, and with shoe inserts.)
    So, it's sort of like saying why should a man get a massage... As long as he's not saying "you know, I think I'm going to go with the French tip this time, that red was just too much for me..." then I don't think anything of it. :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Oh, lol - so should they also stop wearing cologne, because, after all, that's just glorified perfume. What about soap? Are they allowed to bathe, or is that just too sissy as well?

Because you know, at one time, in some places it was considered "girlie" to take a full bath more than, say, once or twice a year....
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It's the same reason women go and get pedicures. It isn't any different and doesn't make them any less of a man.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2011