Is LaKayla a pretty name for a girl because i don't know what to name her because my other little girl name is MaKayla

chyna18

Asked by chyna18 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Baby Names

• Personally, I would not name my children with names that are so similar.
    On the other hand, if that is what you are set on, I don't think LaKayla is a bad name. Original and pretty.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 8:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I agree with PP. I wouldnt name them a similar name. But thats YOUR call. Maybe you can consider LaKayla as a middle name...?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• thank you because it's soo hard for me to think of another baby name for a girl
    chyna18

Comment by chyna18 (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I agree with the other two ladies. My younger brother and sister are twins, and both of their names start with M, but if it were my children I would name them two unrelated names.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Umm sorry think that's awful to give her nearly the same name. She's a totally individual person, and this would set them up for constant confusion, mix ups, wrong ph calls etc. Pick something totally different for their sake.
    ( plus is is a bit funny, we have a joke on TV here where they have a woman calling out to her kids Shaniqua, Shania, Shalaya, Shirona and Shampagna .. I think your combo might be heading down that track), sorry
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Maybe something like Mackenzie or Mckenna. Still similar but doesn't so close?
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 8:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I agree with the other ladies - yes, it's pretty, but honestly, no, I wouldn't name her that if your other little girl is Makayla.

Think about it - you call for one girl, they don't know who you're asking for. The phone rings, someone calling for one of them, but they don't speak super clearly, you don't know who they're asking for, etc...

Also, I know it's hard to come up with names, but you came up with these two, and they're pretty, so I'm sure you could come up with another pretty one that isn't quite as close, and that way they could feel like they have their own name, not one that was so much like their sisters name, kwim? :-)

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• lol wow
    chyna18

Comment by chyna18 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• its a pretty name, but the names are so similiar that it can end up being confusing.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• What about Makensie or Mellisa. Still similar, but different enough to avoid confusion.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2011