how can i get rid of my toddlers diaper rash?

she is always getting them. i used desitin and now am using a& d which i thought was working great but now she has a bad one.

snreilly

Asked by snreilly at 8:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 1- wash every time you change
    2- dry dry dry him/her
    3- add vasline and keep the vasline in the fridg
    4- change and add vasline even if she/he did not poop, that fasten the healing process.
    5- expose to air or sun for 5-10 min
    6- do not tighten the diaper
    7- do not dress tight clothes especially pijamas.

Vasline does miracles, but don't worry, diaper rash increase at the time of teething, because they poop alot, once the teething eases, the diaper rash vanishes. good luck,
    pinkduck

Answer by pinkduck at 8:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Do you use cloth diapers? Regular diapers have a ton of chemicals in them that are very harsh on baby skin. If you switch to cloth, this problem should disapear.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I would try another brand of diaper, My DD ALWAYS got diaper rash when she wore White Cloud but with huggies and pampers it wasn't as often, But I would use balmex. It is the highest in zinc.
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• LOTRIMON!!!! It will work wonders. It is in the foot spray/cream section of the store. Athletes foot and most diaper rashes are caused from the same fungus. It was actually created for diaper rash but the fda said it was to powerful and they had to market it as a foot cure. My doctor turned it onto me 14 years ago with my first. It doesn't sting or burn. And you will see the difference within hours!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I agree with the Lotrimin suggestion. We only had to use it for about a day and a half before our daughter's rash was completely gone! Just a teeny-tiny dab spread over the infected area during each diaper change will make a huge difference. (Be sure to wipe off any residue from the last application before applying new stuff - this will keep the area cleaner too.)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Boudreaux's Butt Paste - FANTASTIC!!
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 9:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• The only thing that works on my DD is Johnson's Medicated Baby Powder. Works every single time and 90% of the time the rash is gone by her next diaper change. Everything else I tried on her just kept the rash moist and would make it worse. Wish I had tried that on some of my older kids rashes.
    abmm

Answer by abmm at 9:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I don't know about the Lotrimin spray. I had athletes foot and sprayed it on and it burned so bad I had to RUN for the shower to wash it off and it was still burning after that. So I personally wouldn't use it on my baby's bottom.
    abmm

Answer by abmm at 9:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I could not get rid of my third childs diaper rash. I tried everything! I took him to the doctor and he had a yeast infection. Thats right a yeast infection. My doctor had me use monistate on him. Cleared him up in a jiffy. Just make sure you use the full course of treatment or the yeast infection could come back. Good luck!
    Ikette

Answer by Ikette at 10:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• BUTT BUTTER!!!! The *BEST* ever!

1 45g tube of ladies vaginal yeast cream (lotrimin, monistat-whatever get generic)

1 30gr tube of hydrocortisone ointment

mix together in an ointment jar (ask your pharmacist-they will either give one to you or sell it to you for cheap-get 4 oz jar) or mix an equal amount of each in the palm of your hand and apply with each change to bare dry skin. THEN frost baby's butt with Desitin (NOT desitin creamy, as it contains fragrance) to seal in medication and seal out the icky. Or you can use A&D ointment, but the bottom line is protect, protect, protect (pun intended). --Straight from a pharmacist
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 10:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2008