Home cure for ear infection?

My ear hurts and I can go to the doctor tomorrow but right now I can't sleep. Any suggestions?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• The best thing you can do is ibuprophen for now. Vinegar only works if it is an outer ear infection . . . and that takes days . . . just try to kill some of the pain tonight until the doctor can prescribe something.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• for some reason i couldnt figure out i ws getting them all of a sudden when i had never had them before. and i truely know what pain you are in. what i did until i could get to the doc was get a warm wash rag and put it over the ear or if you have a heating pad put it on low and lay on it. and i would take 600 mg of ibprophen. that would help a bit.
    one time i was in so much pain from it i had to go to the er and they gave me antibiotics and a shot for the pain. so get in tomorrow the sooner you can take the antibiotics the sooner the pain will stop.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• i used to get ear infections a lot when i was a kid...my step-dad would always put some type of warmed up oil in my ear, i forget what type of oil though...
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011