If you have chronic pain, what helps you?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 8:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• oxycodone 10mg 3x's a day 100mg lyrica 3 x's a day and 10mg baclofen 3 x's a day and my fav herbal remedy haha
    AngryLittleLola

Answer by AngryLittleLola at 9:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have chronic back pain and i really dont like to take pain meds so yoga and doing daily streches really helps me :)
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 8:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My hubby takes the following: 60mg morphine sulfate 2x day (morning and bed), 30mg morphine sulfate 2x a day (lunch and supper), 800mg ibuprofen 3x a day and 75mg Lyrica 2x a day (morning and bed).

Sometimes it helps, but most days, not so much.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Pain management suggests meditation and/or yoga. There is yoga for people like me that can't do a lot of twisting or pretzel moves. My daughter calls it relaxation yoga. I also do breathing exercises. Sit comfortably, breathe in thru nose, out thru mouth. Try to move only the abdomen, not the chest. Abdomen expands with inhale, contracts with exhale. Concentrate on the breathing, nothing else. If it's back pain, you can also lay on the bed or floor with knees up. Sleep with a pillow under your knees. Find a Reiki practitioner. It's a form of healing using just your own energies. It is VERY relaxing. It helps with body, mind and spirit.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Oh! I should add that I just started my hubby on a blend of valerian and two other herbs that just will not come to mind at the moment in hopes of helping to calm the nerve spasms. I am going to be picking up some feverfew tomorrow for him to start for his migraines.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011