Did you decline to know the sex of your baby before the birth?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 8:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, both were surprises! It was so much fun! My grandmother was trying to bribe my doctor to tell her what we were having, while I was kn labor! Too funny! We were lucky and have one boy and one girl! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• We did with my younger son.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 8:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• We did not find out with any of our three children. I liked the delivery room announcement. It was soooo exciting! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• With baby #3 yes. And I was sooooo happy we waited. I already had 2 boys. I wanted a girl sooo much. I was afraid that if I saw in the ultrasound that it was a boy I would be dissapointed. I figured if we waited for the birth that once I was holding that baby I would be so in love that it it wouldn't matter. Baby #3 was a home birth. My husband delivered the baby with the midwife coaching him, my mom, my MIL, my fil, my dh's grandparents and my little boys were all there crowded in the room as I delivered. My husband caught the baby, and we all saw that it was a girl!! It was so awesome to hear every one scream and shout and cry. First grand daughter and great granddaughter. It was super awesome. I remember screaming "its a girl, its a girl" I was so happy. My 4th I wanted to be a surprise too, but he was all about showing his package off during the ultra sound. Baby number 5 we decided to find out as well.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• That wasn't available when I had my children but if it was I would have definitely wanted to know!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 3:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We did not find out with the first 2, although I had strong hunches that turned out to be correct. I liked finding out the old fashioned way. With out 3rd one of the older kids was going to be disappointed, so we found out to give the "loser" more time to adapt. DD wanted a sister, but got another brother. She is and was amazing with him.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• YES...i had to know(i allready knew i was having twins, i had to know what they were)...to be prepared...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 11:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• i just had to no what i was having i was praying for a boy cuz i already have a little girl and its was another girl
    jessica84593

Answer by jessica84593 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• yeah i would like to know so i know what kind of stuff to buy for the baby
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2011

• I wanted to until I found out they were twins... I didn't want to end up with a bunch of green and yelow items!!!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 8, 2011