What is the discharge???????????

Im 30wks pregnant and im dilated 2cm. Dr said I can be having a baby soon, but not for another cupple of wks. Today, Ive been having ALOT of clear kinda white discharge, and im not sure what it is. Does any1 know what it could be? Can it just be my cervix thining out? Water leaking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• thats weird.. But at least its not bloody... Thats what i had and then went into labor.. So watch for that.. Good Luck.. maybe call your dr if your really worried...
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It could definitely be your cervix thinning out; it's very common for your discharge to increase as the pregnancy goes on...sometimes to the point that you're grossed out and feel like you need to change a lot. Haha.

Don't worry, it's normal! As long as it doesn't change to odd colors (green, brown, red) or start stinking, there is nothing to be worried about.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 8:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• You could stay at 2cm and go past your due date, or it could be an indication that your baby will come early. Every woman, and every pregnancy is different. As an example, I lost my mucous plug and was 1cm dilated at 29 weeks, stayed at 1 until I was 34 weeks and have been at 4 since that appointment and I am 38 1/2 weeks now and still at 4. Things will happen quick, or super slow like they have for me. Good luck, but stay on top of your concerns by talking to your doctor. As for the discharge, it's perfectly normal to have mucousy discharge from here on out. Your cervix continues to produce it in an attempt to recreate the plug (which may or may not happen), not to mention all your mucous membranes (in your nose included) should be working overtime, so it's all normal stuff. Good luck Mama!
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 8:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'd let your doctor know about it. It could be nothing, or it could be signs of an infection of some sort. Don't stress about it, just mention it to the doc. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• You could be losing your mucus plug or it could be your water breaking. You should have it checked out. You may be having some preterm labor. It's early to lose your mucus plug.
    healthEwoman

Answer by healthEwoman at 9:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Call your dr ASAP, you could be leaking amnio fluid,
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Don't let anyone freak you out. It's not too early to lose your plug and you could be slightly dilated for WEEKS before labor begins,so chill. If it's amniotic fluid it will be a persistent leak,like a leaky faucet,it will be clear,very thin [sort of like baby oil]. Amniotic leaks have been known to seal themselves,happens very often. However,a persistent leak leaves you prone to infections,so NOTHING up your crotch if it is amniotic leakage. If it's sort of thick,rubbery,white-ish,any other color or has a smell,I'd ask about it. could be an infection starting,could be just normal stuff coming out. Like a PP said,your mucus linings throughout your whole body are working overtime during pregnancy,not just your cervix. So if you've noticed increased allergies,persistent runny nose,etc. -that's why. I'd only really be concerned if it soaks a pad in an hour,has a smell,or is a brown/red/green/yellow color.
    Jaydedeyz

Answer by Jaydedeyz at 1:20 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I agree with Jaydedeyz. I was dilated to 1 - 1.5 for weeks before I went into labor and I lost my mucus plug at least 2 weeks before. Discharge is a pretty normal part of pregnancy.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 2:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2008