Life insurance drug/nicotine test?

My husband and I recently applied for new life insurance. We're down as non-smokers and non-drug-users because we don't smoke or use drugs. However, over the weekend we went to a friend's party and people were smoking cigarettes and weed in the same room as us. I didn't think about it at the time, but now am concerned that we are going to test positive on the drug/urine screen for the life insurance and our policy will be denied.

Does anyone know if you can test positive for marijuana or nicotine from second-hand smoke? How long do we need to postpone the blood test for so that we don't need to worry about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Health

• For a blood test you want to give it 2 weeks.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing:
    http://www.quotes-center.com/life-insurance-premium-calculator

elize964

Answer by elize964 at 6:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2011