Do your kids prefer water over other drinks?

How do you encourage your kids to drink more water or choose water over other drinks?

Kristin_Z

Asked by Kristin_Z at 8:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• i cant say they prefer water all the time but most of the time yes. . In the rare occasion i will let them have a soda of their choice when we eat out, but at at home they only drink water milk and fruit juices. In our household we dont buy sodas because hubby and i dont like to drink it . so i think that makes it much easier for them not to want it , out of sight is out of mind imo.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• no they like juice better but sometimes they dont have a choice lol
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My sons both play sports and their coaches stress the importance of water, so they do drink water most of the time. However, they prefer juice or lemonade.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 8:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• One of my kids prefers water above anything else... she doesn't like milk (loves cheese and yogurt though!) and she doesn't like most kinds of juice. Their schools don't allow any drinks other than water, so even the ones who don't like it get plenty if they want to drink anythign at school!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My son does seem to prefer water over other drinks. He's always liked water & I don't buy other junk drinks like sodas & "kool-aid" type drinks, so it's not like he has a choice anyway, at least not when he's at home. Sodas have always been reserved as a treat for when we go out to eat, which we don't do very often, not even once a month, so he does like to indulge at those times, but doesn't always. Like I said, he just likes water.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My kids don't have a choice at home. We don't have juice in the house, soda is only for the adults unless it is a super special treat and milk is only for cereal and cooking. They only thing they drink at home is water. When we go out to eat they can order whatever they want if they're behaving. The older kids do get milk at school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• DD likes water and milk more than anything else. She'll hardly drink anything else, actually.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I offer water as a drink during most days, especially in the summer. We have juice at home, but they usually choose milk or water over that! Yay for us!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yes. My Son LOVES water. He is THE best - and healthiest! - Kid. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:53 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• He has preferred and pretty much only asks for water since he was 3, but not prior to that.
    Casi41

Answer by Casi41 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 7, 2011