Lost mucus plug @ 32 weeks

I went into preterm labor @ 30 weeks and was dialated to 1.5 cm, but they were able to stop contractions and sent me home on bedrest. I just noticed today @ 32 weeks that I have lost my mucus plug, is this ok so early? or should I b concerned... Do I need to call my dr, or just wait till my next visit to let her know..

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 8:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• as long as you dont have any contractions or anything i wouldnt worry too much. just call you doc in the morning and let them know. they may or maynot want to see you to check you out. but if you start to feel contractions get in..
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I lost mine that early. Braxton hicks can make you lose it too. It can actually regenerate itself as well.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No lots of people lose it weeks before having there baby.
    my friend lost hers at 32 weeks and had to be induced.
    liv3laughlov3

Answer by liv3laughlov3 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Although it could be nothing, I would call in the morning and let your doctor know considering you have already went into preterm labor. If you start contracting get to the hospital asap of course. Try to take it easy and relax.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It can regenerate.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:28 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Either way, I'd say for you to call your doctor and let them know. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 10:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I agree with sunshine, call your doc and let him/her decide what to do. This is coming from a Mommy to a 29 weeker.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 10:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• You shouldnt be worried if you arent having contractions, but I would still call your doctor.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• If you aren't having contractions or bleeding, you can wait and tell your doctor at your next appointment. The mucous plug will regenerate itself. (I lost my mucous plug with #4 at 12 weeks for some odd reason. Doc said no worries.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011