Corn on the cob question!

Has anyone tried to boil your corn on the cob with water and chicken/vegetable stock so it gains more flavor?

If you have let me know, whether it failed or was good. I was thinking of trying this but want opinions.

I have both chicken broth and vegetable broth, not sure which to use.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I have never tried it, but I may the next time I cook it. I think I would go for the vegetable broth.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have no idea, but I am 15 weeks pregnant and NOW I'm craving corn on the cob!!! AND IT'S MARCH!!!!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Want to try something even better? If you are baking or charcoaling, I butter the corn, sprinkle with Creole seasoning ( my favorite choice), wrap with foil. After baking or charcoaling (turn often for about 15 minutes), unwrap and sprinkle on Parmesan. Yummm
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I use water and put in a little sugar. Brings out the natural sweetness of the corn.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• ^^ Hmm never thought of sugar, how much?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• lol sorry preggos...we still have corn in our grocery store so I grabbed some today. Really expensive though, 94 cents per ear of corn. Usually I get that for a few pounds. Im craving it too. Ever had it with Mayo, salt/pepper/ parmesan cheese?? Mmmm sooo good!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Charcoal here, Kimimale. So its only 15 mins if I wrap in foil, for the grill??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I never boil anymore after having it grilled. I blend butter with some lime juice and a little chili powder and spread on corn wrap it up with the husks and grill for about 10-15 min. keep turning until caramelized on all sides.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Why would you mask the delicious flavor of corn on the cob by adding the flavor of the broth. Add a 1/2 cup of milk , 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons sugar to the water, but only if the corn is not really fresh. If it's fresh, you shouldn't need anything..
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• family carBirdseye the best

smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2011