Old wives tale.

They say if the heart rate is high it is a girl and if it is lower it is a boy. From all you mama's out there what do you think? I have had 2 girls, heart rates were 158 on average. The baby I am carrying has a heart rate of 163, what do you think?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I do not think that heart rate has anything to do with gender.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If you carry the baby high, it's usually a girl. If you carry low, it's usually a boy. Never heard about the heart.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 8:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have heard that as well. I don't really know if it is true. my dd had an average hr of 160.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I've heard that and if you carry (like a Ball) =Boy...If your more spread out like sides =girl
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I've always heard if it was lower than like 145 it was a boy. In general, men heart rate is lower than women, so I don't think it's for sure, but it is normally a good indication. My baby's heart rate was 143, and he was a boy.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• True! Heart rates do vary from gender to gender. But how you carry ( high or low in front or back) has no indication to the sex of baby.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have heard of the higher girl, lower boy, but I carried my first daughter high and my second low...I quit believing that one, lol
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• both my previous girls were high and the one im carrying now has been high as well and the U/S says girl so I kinda believe that old wives tale
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Wivestales are NOT true. If they were true then there wouldn't be anyone to prove them wrong. I'm pregnant and my son's heartbeat is always around 160. So the heartbeat test is not true, nor is how you carry the baby a way of telling what you are having.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Do you know how happy you just made me :) I really want a boy and was hoping that there was still a chance. Not that it truly matters because no matter what the gender is my little one is a true blessing. We have 2 little girls now and this will be our last child so of course we would like a little boy.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2011