What causes a woman to stop ovulating???????

im early 30:s no pcos...just no ovulation!

waitin4miracle

Asked by waitin4miracle at 9:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Hormone imbalance, generally... there's an elaborate series of hormonal events that trigger ovulation... if this is interrupted for whatever reason, ovulation does not take place.

I was not ovulating for months and months after coming off the bcp... my body just did not kickstart itself once the pills were stopped. I didn't ovulate and didn't have periods for lamost a year. If you're not ovulating it's definitely something to see your doctor about... I ended up taking provera to jumpstart a period, and then clomid to ovulate. I did get pg but had a m/c.... but that was enough to wake my body up to start ovulating again. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• thank u ... i had my tubes untied and after that i have stopped its been months my periods are kinda long so they did provera last month,,, been on clomid 3rd round cd 18 now still no ovulation!@
    waitin4miracle

Comment by waitin4miracle (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Definitely talk to your doctor. Often, two of the biggest culprits are dramatic weight loss and stress. TTC is super stressful, which can be counterproductive. It's a throwback to caveman days, where the body would not be set up for reproduction in times of famine or when you weren't in a safe place to birth a child. Try some relaxation and stress management techniques in addition to the medical stuff. Good luck!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:25 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• To skinny, to fat, menopause. Hormone imbalance

Answer by louise2 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• FYI on clomid I did ovulate until cd18 or so. It is common for clomid to length cycles in some women.
    if you have taken if for 3 rounds with no ovulation I would talk to my dr about a diffent therapy, clomid doen't work for everyone.
    GL I hope you get some answers soon, I know how frustrating this all came be.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2011