Did your infant have colic? Tell me all about it! PLEASE!!!

I am wondering if my 4 week old has a bit of colic....

Just wondering about others stories to compare what my dd is doing.

And also any ideas to help her would be great!!!

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 9:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• My daughter had colic for almost five months and it was awful. I'm a former academic and do a ton of research so I read a million books (not literally of course). Actually, contrary to popular beliefs, most medical professionals don't think colic is GERD or a result of dairy issues (both possible, but rare). I did a free lecture on colic because of this misinformation and it can be found at http://overthinkingmom.com/colic. The truth is nobody knows what causes colic, but I list some of the possible causes and some ways to soothe your baby.
    bartme03

Answer by bartme03 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• After drinking, she cries constantly? Can't burp? Keep her head way above her stomach when feeding. Burp her often, after every ounce or two. I walked the floor with mine several times before I learned. Good luck.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My DD had to be constantly held and usually you had to walk her around to keep her from crying. I breastfed her and she loved that so I would keep her on my boob a lot to keep her happy.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My son would sip up A LOT after every bottle. It turned out he had acid reflex and lactose issues. He was on medication for nearly 8 months.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Many doctors are now thinking that most "colic" is actually acid reflux or GERD. Check out those symptoms and see if they fit.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I LOVE that link bartme!!! THANK YOU!
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011