Does anyone else find this sad/disturbing? (man castrated) adult content

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12654236

yes, i know he molested children, but just as murder, what does one get out of death penalty? He can still molest.......I find him a sick person that should have stayed in prison forever IMO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've heard of sex offenders castrating themselves to prove to society that they have changed. However, it's not about sex for them. It's the control, the power to have such a heavy effect on someone's life, the rush. It's sick and it can't' be controlled by castration.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• (Medical) Castration takes away the "urge" because it lowers the testosterone to a level that renders him harmless. I don't agree with letting them out of prison, but the prisons are overcrowded. Some prisons have more than three times the inmates they were built to house.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 9:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• He wasn't forced to do it.. he was given an option, and he paid for it on his own.
    but, no, while I don't think it prevents him from harming another... I don't find it at all disturbing.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 9:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I do not think surgical castration is inaappropriate for sex offenders , especially rapists . In fact if it prevents futher molestations as Kimimate suggests, there is no reason to keep them in prison.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Quite honestly it takes away the function to operate however if the urge is still there which it has been proven to happen then next what might he do if he can't physically perform it. May have just let an even bigger monster out. It is a sick sexual attraction that can not be changed or corrected and IMO all child molesters should be put to death by having there penis nailed to a barn and the barn light on fire
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:19 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It isn't just about sexual attraction...its about control and power. They can still molest a child wihtout the ability to actually get an erection. He does still have the physcial power to do things to a child with OTHER objects. Again, it's about power and control; which I am sure he will still struggle with. He won't get the sexual satisfaction from it however, and this may deter him to a certain extent.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:43 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Lets just put it this way. My bio dad is a pedophile. He has two life sentences from molesting my sister when she was 6 and my brother at the mere age of 18 months. This was back in 1985. If they said to me they were going to castrate him and release him back into society because he had "changed", I would protest in front of the prison and do everything in my power to keep him inside of it. Just because they do that doesn't mean they won't still do other things to harm poor, innocent little children. When I was molested the man used his hands and other things.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:37 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• i honestly do not see how this will stop him from molesting girls maybe they should cut his hands off
    MKlein

Answer by MKlein at 9:50 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who hurts children and I think castration is not nearly enough of a punishment or deterrant for a piece of crap like that.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• castrate and stay in prison
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 8, 2011