Daddy's Favorite?

I have a 6 yo boy, a 3 yo boy, a 2 yo girl and a 1 yo boy. My husband seems to treat our daughter differently than the boys an dI was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I try to explain to him that the are all the same and should be disciplined according to age not sex but he doesn't listen. Any advice?

mamacam7

Asked by mamacam7 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think it has to do with favorites (but I don't know bc I'm not there) ... Maybe he thinks that girls are more sensitive and he shouldn't be as "rough" on her?
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I never thought about that. That could be very possible thank you!
    mamacam7

Comment by mamacam7 (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• No problem. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Probably not a favorite thing at all! Many dads treat their daughters like little princesses! Girls often treat their dads differently than boys do and that just develops a "soft spot" in the dads and they aren't as hard on them or have the same expectations of them as they do their sons. When it comes to "fairness" it's important that your sons don't feel that she gets away with everything so speak with him when it comes to consequences and discipline and try to have him be fair in that area. He'll still get lots of that extra attention that girls love to shower on their dads!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 3:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Their is no advice on having a daddys little girl. I have three boys and one girl and one on the way that i dont know the gender of yet. But im sure if its a little boy things will ot change. but if is another little girl then thier will be two daddys little girls.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2011