When Did You Start Potty Training?

When did you start potty training your LO?

Any potty training tips and advice would also be helpful. Oh and you might want to make sure you enter what gender the child is, some things are/work for boys/girls that do not work for the opposite gender!

Thought this would be a helpful question for all moms out there getting ready to potty train or just researching good tips for potty training! :)

SophieBugsMommy

Asked by SophieBugsMommy at 9:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• Lol. When you say multiple moms it makes it sound like you are talking about families with more than one mom......but, anyways. LOL. To answer your question, I introduced mine to the potty at about 18 months. She was not interested until about 2 years old. It took til about 2 and a half to have her fully potty trained. I hope this helps someone. lol. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I have 2 boys and one girl. I did it the same way for all. I waited until they turned 3. Then I waited for a few days that we had nothing to do and could just stay at home. I bought them character underwear. I said "tomorrow you will wear big boy underwear, yay!!" In the morning I put them in undies. I took them every 1/2 hour to start. There were accidents, but I stayed positive. At night I used a diaper. By day 2 they were getting it. By day 3 they were trained. Night time takes longer. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I started with my son at 27 months. Potty trained in 2 weeks.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My Son was just under 2 1/2 (almost 29 months, if you want to get technical, lol) when He started training, and 4 DAYS later - He was fully trained (stopped wetting at night and started standing to pee on Day 2, never even saw a diaper again as soon as He started training). I was, and still am, so proud!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:46 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• When we started and when we finished were 2 different things. It's one area where the child has most of the control. My best suggestion is the Baby Bjorn potty for a boy. With the potty I had for DD, both boy parts were not over the pot at the same time.  Also, get a potty early and get them sitting on it and accustomed to it.  Then, follow their lead.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Let your child show some pre potty signs, like being interested. Otherwise you're just training yourself. Two and a half is a good age and earlier if your child is interested. Lots of kids use this as a power thing. If they know how badly you want it, many just won't go, so don't ride them every few minutes with asking if they have to go potty! All they'll see is your desperation!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 3:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Well my daughter is 10 months, so we still have time before we actually start. However she is getting the pink Baby Bijorn Potty for her first Birthday from her Step-Grandma and she actually has started flushing the toilet completely on her own, we have never showed her how to do it, I was straightening my hair and she just walked in and went over nad flushed the toilet like five times- She pulled the trigger all the way, let it go, waiting for it to finish flushing before she pulled it again. (the seat was down and always is so she does not flush it to watch the water)... I was like OMG!!! It was really cool.
    SophieBugsMommy

Comment by SophieBugsMommy (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2011