Do you think kids should be taken away based on religions??

This question stems from a journal I read earlier today about how a wiccan mom lost her baby based on her religion.

Her is the link http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=1304324&pop_voted=1

Do you think it was right that this woman had her child taken away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I don't think its right. A mother is a mother.
    cdogdevon

Answer by cdogdevon at 8:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Hell no. Thats ridiculous.
    katyameliasmom

Answer by katyameliasmom at 8:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I definately don't think its right.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• no that is not right
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• WOW. THAT PISSED ME OFF. REALLY BAD. WHATS IS WRONG WITH OUR SOCIETY.?? WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR COURT SYSTEM?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Well, if she's practicing witch craft and doing things that are illegal and what not... then maybe. Otherwise no
    Anonymous

• Wicca is a religion and it is a NATIONAL RECONIZED RELIGION. it does NOT INVOLVE SACRIFICE. Witch craft is NOT illegal unless scarifice is involved which REAL pagan religions do not do.
    Anonymous

• THANK YOU anon 6 16. I am a pagan momma and I too have heard of this. In fact someone recently threatened one of our clan members with this. It is ridiculous. Wicca is a religion like any other witchcraft is a valid way of life and should not come into consideration. If the mom was actively hurting her child that would be the only way it should matter.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 9:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• no I think that is stupid. I am a Christian and I don't think someone of a different religion is any worse than me. We are human beings. Its not like they are out sacraficing their children or casting spells on them. Come on. Unless she is hurting her child it is up to her as the parent to raise her child the best she can.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 9:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• pagan were around long before many other religions yet it is the most misunderstood. this is the residual effect of christianity's anti-pagan campaign many, many moons ago.

there are more people who practice nature based religions then most people even know.

Anonymous