Taxi driver for friend

I have a friend who is legally blind ( can see but has very thick glasses ) and quite deaf and so is unable to drive. Her DH has taken a job away from home all week. In the beginning she would occasionally ask me for a lift into town, now it is almost daily. She will ring me from a coffee shop and ask me to come get her. I understand it isn't her fault she can't drive and buses are limited in our town, but I am feeling like a taxi driver. I am even avoiding her calls sometimes cause my day is constantly being interrupted by her. She also rings 3 or 4 times a day to talk about nothing! Did I see the show, how much rain do I think was in that last shower? She doesn't have many friends and I'm starting to see why. How do I distance myself a bit without offending her completely? Or am I being nasty?

myheartx4

Asked by myheartx4 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Next time she calls and asks for a ride just let her know you can't do it today. Maybe you can suggest a day once a week to take her around to run errands? Does she have any other friends? She could just be lonely.
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 8:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2011