Maturnity insurance!!! HELP.

My DH and I have his and her small businesses. So we have to purchase health insurance out of pocket. We spend about $500 a month to cover our family of three. It would be an additional $300 a month to add maturity insurance and we would have to have it four months before getting prego.

It there an cheaper way? (P.S WE WON'T JUST GET Prego and have the government i.e the tax payers foot the bill!!!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• Have you checked with your health insurance provider to see how much they will pay toward maternity costs?
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• With my son , the insurance paid everything once I reached my $3,000yr. deductible.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• If in CA we have a thing called Healthy Familys and its really great
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 4:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing:
    http://www.quotes-center.com/maternity-insurance-coverage
    elize964

Answer by elize964 at 6:31 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• It sounds like it's time to do some comparison shopping. One thing we've found is that it's cheaper for us to be covered by separate policies than by a family policy, so consider that as well.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 5:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2011