Its So Hard!

I always thought it would be so fun to not find out what sex the baby is, but when it comes down to it... I FIND OUT! I just found out im Pregnant with #2 (starting week 5) and im thinking of not finding out....

Did any of you not find out? Or How many of you did find out?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 8:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i found out for both of my pregnancies! i almost didn't find out w/ my daughter because she was being stubborn.lol I thought about not finding out w/ this 1, but it's too hard not to!
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 8:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I didn't find out, and I don't intend to find out next time, either (or the next, or the next...). One of the greatest moments of my life was my husband crying, "It's a boy!" when our son was born. His Mom said that when he went to the waiting room, he had a little fun with everyone: "My baby....is 23 inches long. My baby...is 9 pounds 4 ounces. My baby...is a boy!" I guess he just sobbed, how cute! It was so fun to surprise everyone with his name as well, since we didn't tell anyone what we were thinking for either sex.

Anyway, our nursery is very soothing, with green, cream, and dark wood tones. It's SUCH a soothing room. I looked at lots of gender specific things, and I'm so glad we ended up doing what we did!

I think it's harder to not find out, but SO worth it! Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I didn't find out with my second and it was so much fun. We painted the room light green and we were going to finish it either way for a girl or boy. When I was pushing out the baby and the drs announced it was another boy, we were soooo thrilled. my husband was mad that i didn't want to find out, but I wanted to have one real surprise in my life.
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• LOL, momof2boys, I always said it was the one of few good surprises my little one would have for me. In the future, it'll be, "Mom....guess what I broke!" and things like that! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I found out with all of my but my last. My husband found out but I didn't. He thinks that it is a surprise no matter when you find out. He says what difference does it make if you find out at six months pregnant or when its born it is still a surprise.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I didn't find out the sex of my son until he was born. It was really hard not finding out- But i am sooo glad that I didn't. The first suprise was finding out i was pregnant; it felt fitting that the sex should be a suprise also.
    I don't intend to find out the sex of my baby during any of my future pregnancies. Also, I "knew" that I was having a boy. We didn't even have a girl's name picked out...
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• In all honestly it's a surprise either way! I thought about waiting for the birth but my Husband reminded me that I was going to be surprised no matter when I find out. I found out two weeks ago and was SO excitied. I also think it helps me prepare and also keeps me going through the pregnancy. This will be my third c-section and everytime she kicks where my scar is, I just look up and think about how cute my little girl is going to be!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i foud out with the first 2 and not number 3.....it was so neat not knowing
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i find out with both of mine, mainly because i like to be prepared and have everything but i do think its a surprise either way
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I was also terrified of bring a baby boy home to a beautiful pink room, or visa versa!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 9:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2008