Is it true?

For those of you that have both boys and girls, is it true that girls are supposed to be easier to potty train? I have two boys that I have already potty trained and I am onto to my daughter. I haven't started yet because I am nervous. I got used to boys and the stress was overwhelming. I don't know what to do.

mamacam7

Asked by mamacam7 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know...I only have a boy. But he was trained in 2 weeks. I really think it just depends on the child.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• It really took my son a couple of days after I put him real underwear to be potty trained. My older niece, on the other hand, was in pull ups at night at age 5. She was very difficult to potty train. All kids are different.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• neither is stressful if you let the child led and potty train themselves. My oldest son did it at 3 1/2yrs, it took him 2 days. My 2nd son was 21mo. And DD is now 25mo and she has been pooping and sometimes peeing on the potty since 17mo. I'm not potty training her but instead following her lead, she'll do it consistantly when she is ready.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Agree with lynette...Kenzie potty trained in two days with no accidents because we waited until she told us that she was ready.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2011