Email too personal

I saw emails between a business colleage and my husband that
were too personal. They were on a Sunday and it started out
talking about work but then they started talking about how hard my husband is working. It sounded like she was trying to butter him up. Would you say something to your husband abut this.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes! If it's making your uncomfortable, then yes!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would yeah. It would bug me to death unless he had a good reason for corresponding repeatedly and seriously with a woman that wasn't me. I wouldn't be mean, just bring it up and say I was just curious what's going on? Hope it's nothing!!! Keep me posted please!!
    Mamapunkin21809

Answer by Mamapunkin21809 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I'm sure it just was all about work, and nothing else. Don't stress. If you see anything more, then talk to him.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Maybe it is what it is...that she just said he works too hard bc he does. Don't make too much of things. Just ask him about them if they bother you

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I'd just say that I wondered about the personal nature of the conversation.... see what he says. By the same token, if it was the same emails from a male business colleague would you be concerned. It is possible to be friends with the opposite sex and have absolutely no hidden agenda. My DH has lots of friendships with women in his workplace, and I have learnt that there isn't an ulterior motive, its just friendship. If you thought he was nice enough to be friends with, other people would too, and as long as he sends out 'friends only' signals, then that is all it could ever be.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• uasally when they seem bad they are bad not 100% of the time but most of the time
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 10:01 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Trust but verify. Start being extra-observant. Give it 2 weeks and see if you still feel the same way. Then ask him about specific facts that had you concerned, then SILENCE...let him talk and LISTEN.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Yep
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I would definitely bring it up. If it is nothing, then you'll find out, and if it's something, then you'll be happy you asked.
    Jesusis4always

Answer by Jesusis4always at 12:20 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• Yeah, I'd ask him about it.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 7, 2011